Monday, May 26, 2008

MCM in training


I've received my Marine Corp Marathon in training gear. I now can look like a real marathon newbie. I dont mind at all looking the part. I am going to enjoy every last bit of the training, sweat, long runs, and did I mention sweat. I hope this summer of training is memorable and one of just many to come.

I have found many runners online that are a definite inspiration and will make my training that much more enjoyable. Podcasters like kimba90 of the podcast, Trails and Tribulations, Nicole and Dan from the podcast 4 Feet Running, and blogger msteechur who just completed a marathon this weekend and is already looking for another in June. I sometime soon hope to be able to run my first marathon with many more to come. Wish me luck with my training.

5 comments:

Stuart said...

WOW, that looks like some nice SWAG!

Enjoy the journey, it's half the fun!

RunningRamblings said...

Mike, best of luck with your training for the MCM. That is one race you will never forget and I encourage everyone if you only run one marathon, the MCM should be it. I live in the area, so if you are unfamiliar, let me know if I can give you any information. I'll probably do a RunningRamblings podcast on the MCM closer to the event. Take care,

Martin

CTBamaFan said...

Congrats on signing up for the MCM. That is certainly on my list of future marathons.

It looks like you and have a very similar history. I fought weight issues and began my journey with C25K in Dec 06. I've got 3 Half's done and just finished my 1st marathon.

Getting to the starting line healthy is the hard part. My training suffered badly because of Achilles Tendinitis issues. Met my goal of finishing before I turned 50, but almost 50 minutes slower than I predicted before my injury in Feb.

I'm just north in Greenville and travel to Atlanta for business alot. Maybe I'll run into you at a race one day!

Look forward to following you on Twitter and your blog.

Tim Wilson said...

Mike - Good luck with your Marathon training and the marathon. I am looking for my first Marathon. I want to do one this fall as well, but cannot do the Atlanta Marathon because I will be out of town.

I have to say the same thing as ctbamafan. I too have had a similar journey over the past 18 months. Funny how many runners do :)

I live out in Gwinnett, so I don't get into Atlanta very often, but we have lots of races out here too :)

Kevin said...

MCM! Very cool man! And lost a TON of weight!!! What's your secret!!!??

Kevin
www.theextramilepodcast.com