Tuesday, January 29, 2008

What bad ankle...

5.18 miles, 52:51, 10:12 pace

I started running using the C25K training program back on Oct 1, 2007. I have not been able to run successfully and without pain for almost 20 years due to a bad ankle and a weight of over 300lbs.

I had surgery on my ankle back in 1986 after falling off a ladder my sophmore year in college. Long story for another day. Anyway I have always had trouble with my weight and over the last 2 years have successfully reached goal weight.

I tried running again knowing I needed to find something else to help maintain my weightloss. With the c25k program I realized by starting very slow that alot of my ankle pain was due to the weight. Once I was able to slowly build my strength back my ankle has really surprised me. Hills that I had to limp up before I now stride up with confidence and strength.

My run today was during Lunch with Ed at work. I never would imagine 2 years ago that I would be running at work much less running 5 miles.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Nice work. I am still coming back from an injury so I am taking it slow. I can't wait to get back to doing 5 miles, but the schedule doesn't call for that for 2 more weeks.