Sunday, January 27, 2008

Starting to Crosstrain

Bike, 42:46 min, 10.4mph, 137bpm

Today is my first day of crosstraining. Went out on my bike, a Jamis old man's bike with the extra padding in the seat. Not very aerodynamic to say the least.


Went on the same route that I used for my long run on Saturday. Weather has been so strange, it was 60F this afternoon.

Hope to join the Blogland Bookclub. Bought my book through amazon. Should be here on Wed. See where some have already finished reading it and I haven't even started.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I don't do much cross, but I could stand to have a bike with some extra padding in the seat.

I am training for my second half marathon and will be incorporating some cross.

Adding your blog to my rss reader, looking forward to seeing how you make out.

Good luck!

Brian said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Brian said...

Hey,

You had posted on my blog about swimming. I know Peachtree has a great TRI club, just google them, and I'm sure they have group swims.
You'll love swimming, its low impact and it will help train your body to do more with less oxygen, it really helped my running.
I have a pool about 8 minutes from my office and I swim at lunch, and I've sucked in 3 other guys from my office to swim with me. Not sure if you have pool near the office, but if you do, its a nice break in the middle of the workday and when I return to the office I am super charged and ready for action.
Anyway, email me at try2tri at gmail.com.

-Brian

Nat said...

Ran across your comment on the book club website. You have a very inspiring profile! AMAZING! Good for you!