Saturday, January 26, 2008

Long run Saturday.

8.6 miles, 1:46:36, 12:20 pace

Ed and Mary drove down from Vinings today to do our long run of 8 miles. This was our second attempt since we had to cancel from last week due to the snow and ice in Atlanta. Ed and I have been running at work on Tuesdays and Thursdays during lunch. This was my first run with both Ed and Mary and it was really nice to have someone to run with for our long run.



View Larger Map

We ran slow and steady about a 12 minute pace which help me keep my heart rate to around 150. Ed and Mary are helping me train for my first half-marathon in March. We are following the Jeff Galloway program minus the walking, which you could argue really isn't the Jeff Galloway program. Both Ed and Mary have run marathons but have not been running for a while. I am glad I found some training partners - it has made a lot easier to stay motivated.



1 comment:

Liz said...

Great job on running! Having a race to train for is a good way to start. I see you are doing the Country Music Half...is that the one in Nashville? I tried to do that one 3 times but I wasn't able to due to scheduling and training. It is a fun race from what I heard! Looking forward to reading your blog.